Friday, August 31, 2012

Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

If only life was as simple as this stuff...


I noticed this line popping up in drugstores and our mega-marts (Target, Walmart, etc.) recently.  It's probably been around for a while but I just wasn't paying attention.  Simple is originally from the UK, and has expanded their market to Canada and the US.  I knew nothing of this brand until I decided to grab one of their products over the summer.  I was looking for a relatively inexpensive, lightweight, and effective moisturizer for my morning routine.  After standing in the skincare isle of Target for what seemed like an eternity comparing ingredients on everything that caught my eye, I walked away with Simple's Hydrating Light Moisturizer.  I have dry skin, even in the summer, but heavy lotions and creams just don't work for me in high humidity.  I really needed something that moisturized well and didn't feel heavy in the warm weather.  Well, this moisturizer did exactly that.  I really like this stuff.  It absorbs quickly, my skin feels moisturized, and I don't end up with dry patches (re)appearing throughout the day.  It is what the name claims: simple.
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, 4.2oz.
This moisturizer is formulated WITHOUT dyes and artificial perfumes. It is dermatologist tested, noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic, and made in the USA.  This product does not claim to be fragrance free, but I notice little to no scent when applying it.  Ingredients include:

  • Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Polyglyceryl 3 Methylglucose Distearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Pentylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Mica, Serine, urea, Sorbitol, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I picked mine up at Target for $9.99, but I've seen coupons for as much as $2 off Simple products at coupons.com.

I definitely plan on picking up more products from the Simple brand, so look for more reviews.  Simple offers cleansers, moisturizers, make-up wipes, and eye care.  I might try one of their facial cleansers next.  If you're looking for products that won't interfere with your AM/PM facial care routine, are easy on the skin, and boast quality ingredients without breaking the bank I recommend the Simple brand of skincare.

Have you tried any Simple products?  If so, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment