Monday, October 22, 2012

OPI Russian Navy

Wow guys...it's been a while, as in FAR. TOO. LONG.  So first off I want to apologize for that.  For those of you that know me personally, I've been pretty busy with life.  About a month ago I had to take some time off to welcome a certain Marine back to the USofA after a long trip to this lovely little place called Afghanistan.  I also didn't have internet access while I was away for the majority of the time.  Upon returning I started a brand new job, so I really needed some time to settle in and adjust to everything. 

I'll do my best to catch you up on my last few weeks, and I have been logging photos and developing new post ideas.  So let's get back at it....

Here's one if you want a great navy polish.  I've actually had this bottle for years, but someone recently asked me about navy polish so I splashed some of this on for her.  I had forgotten how much I loved this.  It's so vibrant for a dark color which is important with navy because if you wanted black, you'd just use black right?  I've struggled to find really great navy blues in the past...I have a couple, but I'd say this is one of the best for its price.

OPI Russian Navy
2 coats w/ top coat.
My apologies for the quality of this photo...I was in a rush and in my car, but wanted to document it.  This pulls a little more purple in the photo like it does in the bottle (we call these blurples), but don't be intimidated.  It translates to a much richer blue once it's applied.  I can't say enough about the formula on this, especially because this bottle is (at least) 4 years old.  The consistency hasn't changed, which means I got this fully opaque in 2 even coats.

If you don't have a great navy in your collection, run out to get this one or something similar...navy is a must-have color for the colder months.

Thoughts? 

Be back soon...that's a guarantee!

No comments:

Post a Comment