Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Claws

Happy Halloween!  On a somber note, please continue to send thoughts and prayers out to the people that have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy.  The devastation created by the storm is horrific and the road to recovery will be a very long one.

I wanted to do a whole lot more with my nails for Halloween this year...but I couldn't get away from this look...I ended up wearing it twice in one week with a different base color each time.

First up...I call this ''German Garbage''...


OPI Deutsche You Want Me Baby? (2 coats),
Cirque Debris (1 coat).
The base color is from the OPI Germany Collection for Fall 2012.  Deutsche You Want Me Baby? is a lovely metallic burnt orange.  It covers perfectly in two coats and the formula is what you should expect from OPI - not streaky and easy to control.  The scattered, glitziness that tops it is from a new line of polish called Cirque.  Cirque Debris consists of a clear base jam-packed with silver holographic microglitter accompanied by larger black and silver chunky pieces.  It's pretty awesome.  I recently placed my first order with Cirque after seeing it pop up online in a few different places with good reviews.  I'm so glad that I did, the colors that I ordered are breathtaking.  Debris was the first one that I worked with, so I can't speak for the rest of the Cirque polishes yet, but it was SO easy to work with.  So much so that I used it again....
 
for this one...
 
Orly Orange Punch (3 coats),
Cirque Debris (2 coats).
I grabbed Orly Orange Punch last week at Sally's on a whim.  I wanted a more vibrant orange for my Halloween mani and this was a no-brainer.  This is a HOT orange.  I wouldn't call it neon, but it does dry to a rubber-like finish.  Although it's not a traditional matte, this type of finish can commonly be found with bright or neon colors.  I generally don't like working with matte polish because the application can be a pain - some dry too fast and/or have an uber-thick formula.  With Orange Punch, this was not the case.  I was able to apply each coat evenly and with no complications.  For full opacity I went with three coats.   I actually intended this to be a base color for some other whacky Halloween mani mess...but after a couple screw-ups my bottle of Debris was screaming USE ME, I'M EASY.  And so I did, and so it was.  I wanted a little extra trash on my nails for the holiday, so I was daring and went with two coats of Debris this time.  I used two coats of Seche Vite Top Coat on both manis to smooth out the bigger chunks.
 
Like I said, I wish I had been a little more creative with this year's mani, but Debris was so easy to work with and the oranges were so appropriate.  I'll be reviewing the rest of the polishes I got from Cirque soon...get excited because they look amazing!!
 
OPI retails for $8/bottle.  You can find a wide range of Orly polish at Sally's Beauty Supply retailing for $6.99/bottle or $6.49 with a Club Card.  Cirque Debris retails for $12 @ cirquecolors.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment