Saturday, October 27, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Mani

Well, October is drawing to a close so I should post this before we head into November.  As most of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we can see pretty pinks almost everywhere as a sign of support.  I wanted to show it in my own way...can we guess how I went about doing that...??  Yeah, no guessing necessary. Here's to all the women out there that have been affected by this illness EVER...and a personal dedication to my Grandmother, Genine, who has battled and survived the nastiness twice. 


Zoya Areej w/ FingerPaints Hue Left A Message?
 
Zoya Areej is a fabulous dark, highly pigmented pink.  I really like this color and the formula on this is excellent (2 coats).  I've worn it previously, so I knew what I was working with. 

My accent nail was done using FingerPaints Hue Left A Message?  Soooo pretty.  I wouldn't normally go for a color like this, but I had a coupon for a free FingerPaints at Sally's a while ago and I was immediately drawn to it.  It's pretty dense for a glitter polish and I didn't use a base color with it.  I believe this is four coats, I can't remember exactly...but you could definitely get full coverage with 2 or 3 coats if you were generous.  Overall, for a glitter, I thought the formula was very easy to work with and I would recommend Finger Paints glitters after working with a few now.  I really like how this look came together.

Zoya polish retails for $8/bottle @ Zoya.com and you can find FingerPaints Polish at Sally Beauty Supply for $5.29 or $4.49 w/ a Club Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment