Tuesday, August 14, 2012

OPI Serena Williams Glam Slam! England Collection




Here I am (a day late), as promised.  This must-have set debuted over a year ago...but in honor of the London Olympics (which are now over), and one of our gold-medal winners I thought that this would be appropriate.  They remained as some of my untrieds...until now.

Presenting - OPI Serena Williams Grape...Set...Match & Servin' Up Sparkle:


Grape...Set...Match is an awesome "blurple" duochrome polish.  You'll see what I mean with the pictures that follow.  In natural light it definitely appears to be more of a (red-toned) purple, but in artificial light it leans much more blue.  Depending on how you look at it, it'll shift between the two (this is the duochrome part).  Not to mention this is PACKED with fuschia and electric blue micro-glitter.  I thought this would end up being similar to OPI Ink, but they're definitely different. To get this completely opaque, I went with three even coats. Take a look:

Natural light, no flash.
Natural light w/ flash.        

Artificial light, no flash.
See how that last one looks more blue than purple?  The artificial light w/ flash ended up looking the same as natural light w/ flash, so we'll continue on without that photo.

Then yes...I slapped some sparkle on top because these were meant to be fabulous together.
Want to see?
Take a look...

Servin' Up Sparkle is pretty awesome, it has as a clear base doused with holographic hexagon and regular glitter.  It would be tough to reach opacity with this one on its own, but you don't necessarily need to wear this with other polish if you're going for a more sheer look.  I have no doubt it it would look great when paired over top of other colors.  Like with most glitters, this dries a little rough, so I added a top coat to smooth it all out.  This is 2 coats of Servin' Up Sparkle (with top coat) over Grape...Set...Match:

Natural light, no flash.
Artificial light w/ flash.
Artificial light, w/ flash (close so you can really see that glitter).
I had to have this set after taking a look at other swatchers wearing them together. I haven't seen these in retail locations since last summer, so I nabbed this set off of eBay for $9.95+shipping!  Pretty good considering they usually retail for about $8 a piece.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment