Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Flower Shadow Play Smoke & Mirrors Quad

Other than Wet n Wild's Color Icon Shadow and Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadow, I stear clear of drugstore shadows.  I know people have had lots of luck with certain brands, but I just don't find that the quality is the same and I need to be concious of ingredients due to allergies. Regardless, I grabbed one of Flower's shadow quads and thought what the hey - I'll try it.  The packaging is darling, and the colors are neutral and looked perfect for every day wear.




Before I go into anything else, I need to state that these really should be worn with a primer.  The color payoff just isn't there on a bare lid and these shadows are soooo powdery that application can get messy if you aren't applying them to a prepared surface.

Without primer

Over top of Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.

The lightest color in the pallette (as you can see) doesn't translate in the photos with or without primer.  I'd recommend only using it as a highlighter or a base.  Throughout the day when worn (even with a primer) these have a tendency to fade a bit and I've found that you'd need to apply more than one layer to get good pigment going. 

Overall, I do like the colors and the amount of product in this cute little palette, but because of the quality I won't be running out to grab the rest of them any time soon. There are 3 other Shadow Play Quads, you can get them at Walmart for $9.98.

No comments:

Post a Comment