Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flower Color Play Creme Eyeshadow

Sorry...this was supposed to go up yesterday, but Blogger and I weren't getting along, so by dinner time I had given up the fight.  As a result, to keep up, I'll be posting 2 Flower products today:
 
Yesterday was powder..so today I'll show you the cream shadow that Flower has to offer. 


Right off, I'll say that I like these shadows better than the quad I showed yesterday.  That doesn't mean I don't have my reservations about them though.  I'll start with what I like about Color Play:
  • Great color selection (12 total) in very user-friendly colors;
  • Nice, lightweight, and whipped-like texture which makes them easy to apply and work with;
  • Product can be worked with even after applied and adding additional layers of color will not re-distribute other color applied underneath;
  • Packaging is so pretty and sturdy (with one issue which I'll mention in my don't likes below); 
  • Amount of product (.12 oz.) is comparable to higher end brands (IE: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow).
What I don't like about them:
  • They crease...and I mean on contact.  They absolutely cannot be worn without a primer.  I'm not sure if this is because they are water-infused or have vitamin E, but don't even bother wearing these sans primer.  Even after several hours of wear over a primer, I did notice product had gathered in the creases when I closed my eye (it's not terribly noticeable - just annoying); 
  • As mentioned above, I love the packaging with one exception - THE STOPPER (photo below).  When you unscrew the white top, this shows up - a hard plastic disc which when removed comes with quite a bit of product attached to it due to the shadow's lightweight, whipped texture.  I just don't see what the point of this piece is...it certainly isn't used for application and the shadow is thick enough to stay in the container without it.  In addition, it's a pain to scrape the product back into the container after you remove it.  If you pick one of these up, remove it once and throw it away, if you keep putting it back in it will continue to remove a lot of product with it.

Onto showing you the actual product....these are the three colors I grabbed: 

Orchid-ing Around - deep shimmering plum.
Time Willow Tell - gold-flecked metallic olive green.
Vine Of The Times - a soft, glowing pistachio green.
Note: Vine Of The Times looks messy from that stopper situation.
Vine Of The Times / Time Willow Tell / Orchid-ing Around
over top of Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.
Since purchasing these, I picked up another Color Play Creme Shadow in Awesome Blossom which is a metallic brownish mauve - very pretty.  So based on the fact that I started out with these three and added another - obviously I would buy these again, especially for the price.  They won't give you the same results as a long-wear, crease-proof cream shadow, but with a primer and their great texture, buildability, and color selection I would recommend trying them out.  Flower Color Play Creme Eyeshadow can be found exclusively at Walmart for $7.98 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment