Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Salon Sciences Instant Artificials - Nail Care Must-Have

I am constantly searching for holy grail (HG) products and I buy more nail products than any other kind.  I have spent the better half of the last decade trying to find the best base coat that can double as a nail strengthener also.  I realize that not every one's nail needs are the same, so I can only suggest what's worked for me based on mine.  Regardless, I think that Salon Sciences Instant Artificials can find a purpose in any one's nail care routine and this is MOST DEFINITELY a HG for me.


One of my biggest nail issues is weakness or breakage.  This only tends to be a problem for me when I'm sans polish, so in-between color changes I need to be sure that I'm able to function without breaking my nails.  Enter Salon Sciences Instant Artificials.  Among the product claims are:
  • Instantly mimics the hardness of acrylic nails with one application (with 2 coats);
  • Ideal for weak nails compromised by salon systems;
  • Use as a basecoat to extend the wear of polish (with 1 coat);
  • Easily removed with regular nail polish remover; and
  • Free of harsh chemicals & odors associated with acrylics.
I can't exactly speak to the first claim because I've never actually worn acrylic nails, but I'm familiar with their "hardness"and also the havoc they wreak on natural nails.  With just one coat, I can tell that my nails are harder, so with 2 I can only imagine you can achieve acrylic-like hardness.  I'd say that this product is ideal for weak nails, period.  I don't use salon systems (gels, acrylics, etc.), but I'm sure if you do and are looking for a product to aid in recovery, this will do the trick.  It does remove effortlessly with acetone or regular polish remover and is free of toluene, formaldehyde, and dibutyl phthalate.

Here's the science behind it: "The multi-polymer, liquid acrylic formula dries to a durable hard film that adds a second layer to the nail." Ok, so that's how it works.

One fact that Salon Sciences fails to include - this is also fast-drying which is why it works so well as a base coat.  One coat dries completely within 2 minutes. 

I use this as a strengthener on it's own or as a base coat when applying color.  You can find Instant Artificials at Sally Beauty Supply for $8.49/$7.69 (beauty club price).

No comments:

Post a Comment